Wednesday, January 28, 2009

$$$$$$$$$$$

im swamped, so here's some epic overheard in new york's... all true stories.

Little Girl: Mommy, why do people in New York always wear black?
Mommy: I don't know, honey. Maybe they enjoy looking ugly.

--Upper East Side

Older man to waiter: You didn't tell me that soup wasn't included. I can't believe you're charging someone of my generation for soup. I shouldn't have to pay for just water, chicken, and rice. Some of us here are on a fixed income. (to neighboring table) You be careful! Your bill's going to come to $30! (pays at register) You should have told me. Now I hope you're happy that tomorrow an old man won't be able to afford his medicine.

^reminiscent of donatello in 40 years when she's overcharged.

--New Wave Cafe, 79th & Broadway


girl #1: So like, I couldn't believe what happened to Erica*, but like, I think she'll be ok. I mean, she's gonna marry some guy who went to Penn instead of some guy who went to Princeton, and she'll have a country house in South Hampton instead of like, East Hampton, but I think she'll be ok.
girl #2: Oh yeah, I think she can handle it.
girl #1: Poor thing.

--The Dalton School. aka gossip girl world.

Witty Repartee Is One of the First Things to Go When the Brain Doesn't Get Enough Glucose:

Anorexic girl: What, you couldn't afford an entire outfit?
Obese woman in Britney Spears get-up: What, you couldn't afford an entire meal?
Anorexic girl: [silence]

--Uptown E train

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've gotta love people-watching.
You would make a good stalker.

Le Franq said...

HAHA thats pretty good. I like the gossip girl world one. pretty epic, and perioding is a legit thing. I'm going to discover that in men. actually i think it's already been discovered, something about hormonal balances. I attest to this being true cause sometimes i'm like the hulk in the gym, other times i'm like micky mouse. Did you ever go down to see the girls from gg? Oh and I have decided serena (blake lively) not sure if you knew since you missed a gg episode is hot. so the world is back in balance again.

Anonymous said...

1722, i aspire to one day contribute to overheard in ny. that would pretty much complete my life goal.

i missed gg again le franq, so im not worthy of gg fan status right now. and gg has been filming in some suburb lately, so that trip is postponed. just to remind u, ur not mickey mouse. ur an ant, how could u forget ur true form.

writetrent said...

these are hi-larious